Friday 16 May 2014

End of an Era

I've been at my current school since September 2007 and last Wednesday, May 14th, I passed through the gates for one last time. 7 years was an extremely long time, and I had begun counting down the days until it was over, this however didn't make it any less emotional.
I've shared many memories at that place and met some of the most amazing people - friends I hope to be in contact with forever. These are the people I've grown up with and we're now all going our separate ways to university and work, right across the country. Without sounding really cliche One Direction's song - Don't Forget Where You Belong is extremely fitting for the end of this chapter in all of our lives, because these are the people that shaped who I am today.
All that said I'm excited for the future and what it brings!
It's a tradition at my school that on the last day everyone dresses up, this lead to me and my group of friends arriving as cavewomen - I also had an AM exam and so you can imagine the look on the faces of the invigilators and the other candidates when 6 students walked into the examination hall in fancy dress.
These are iPhone quality pictures so apologies for that



Chatham Grammar School for Girls 2007-2014
I wish you all the best of luck for your exams and everything in the future! I love and will miss you all!

No comments :

Post a Comment