Monday 25 November 2013

Reading Festival 2013

I refused to buy a ticket when they originally became available through fear of it being a waste of money because I knew I wouldn't enjoy myself. The idea of camping in a muddy, potentially wet, field with no showers or decent toilets did not appeal to me in the slightest.
My friends went ahead and brought tickets, and that was that. However the closer the festival became the more excited they got and the more there was a buzz around what they were going to experience and what I would miss out on. 
This is when I realised that maybe, I would enjoy it and I'd made a huge fuss without even knowing the details. I went ahead looking through pictures of people in the year above me at school who'd been the year before and then one thing lead to another, and £200 later I'd purchased a ticket. 
I went with as a group of 7 with my friends, and at the time we were all 17 and only two had a drivers license. Which ultimately meant we were the designated drivers, thankfully living in Kent, we're only about and hour and a half away from Reading. Right from when I left my house at 4am Thursday morning until we were walking through to the campsite at 11am, I was still skeptical about what I'd let myself in for. I'm not the type of person who enjoys getting dirty, dancing whilst covered in whatever had been thrown overhead or hovering over a toilet seat because you're worried of what you might catch if you sit down.
However, all that being said, I'm so glad I made the decision to go, Reading Festival was one of the best weekends of my life. I'm already counting down the days until the 2014 Festival and I haven't even brought my ticket yet. Everyone around you is willing to chat that by the end of the weekend you will know everyone within a mile radius. 
If you are ever in an position where you're able to attend the festival, I would highly recommend it, even if you only purchase a day ticket, it's an environment that you won't experience anywhere else, not even at an open air concert. 



Get your 2014 Reading Festival tickets here
 




No comments :

Post a Comment