Wednesday 27 November 2013

My Favourite Lipsticks

Up until recently I haven't been a keen wearer of lipstick, sticking solely to my Rosy Lips Vaseline as I always felt lipstick wore off far too quickly and I found it difficult finding a shade that suited me.
I now own more than 15 different shades, and although it's still not part of my everyday make-up, more often than not I'm wearing some shade or another. I do however have 4, very clear favourites in my collection.
This lipstick is a gorgeous dark red colour, that perfectly finishes off a black dress look. The pigment of this lipstick is great and does keep your lips super soft and moist. It's extremely easy to apply and although I do like to re-apply regularly as a habit, it does leave a long lasting colour. This retails at £6.49 and is available at Boots.
This lipstick is a more subtle red, and creates the almost perfect smile (this is probably the first time this has been said about a lipstick, but what I mean is the colour really shows off white teeth). Several layers do have to be applied to achieved the desired colour and for a constant glossy finish it does have to be constantly re-applied, but I really like the way this colour matches my skin tone and so therefore I feel it's worth it. This retails at £5.49, so is slightly cheaper and is also available at Boots.
Mac Lipstick in Chatterbox
This lipstick is great for day and night, it's not as 'out there' however it looks great with wet look leggings and a loose fitted jumper. The pigment is probably the best of my 4 favourites, as only one coat is required to achieve the desired colour. It's very easy to apply and glides along the lips effortlessly with re-application being completely unnecessary. This retails at £15 and is available at most good department stores.
This lipstick, aside from colour, is identical to 110, Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate. This is of course what you'd expect, given they're the same range of lipstick just in two different shades. This colour is the most subtle of all 4 featured here and does match the natural colour of my lips, I believe it brings them out more, and simply makes them more defined. This is my 'go to' lipstick for an understated look. It too retails at £5.49 and is available in Boots.

What are your favourite lipsticks? What are your 'go to' lipsticks for specific occasions?

I'm going to add here an apology for the iPhone quality photos included in this post 
(I've had a minor technical issue with my SD card in my camera)

No comments :

Post a Comment