Thursday 5 December 2013

Review: Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Powder

It's only recently that I've started using Mac products. I always felt (and still do most of the time) think they are far too over priced for what they are, especially when you can buy a decent equivalent on the high street for a fraction of the money. However, not having used a few of the products I can tell that there is a significant difference in quality. 
The first time I ever used from Mac was their Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder. As one of my best friends raved about this powder and I felt I needed to know what all her fuss was about. I did originally buy this in 'Medium Plus' as this is the shade she wears and I couldn't see much of a difference in our skin tones and the stall in Selfridges on Oxford Street, London was so packed I wanted nothing more than to get in and get out. I have since discovered that there is in fact a massive difference in our skin tones and my shade is in fact 'Light Plus'. 


Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in 'Light Plus'
Since I first purchased this powder it has become my number one favourite and is part of my everyday make-up. I do still like to wear my transparent powder from Rimmel every now and then as I feel that gives my face a little more depth. But 9 times out of 10 I am wearing this.
I feel that this powder really sets my foundation and concealer and it's titled very correctly because once you have the correct shade it is a very natural looking powder on the face. I also feel that a little of this powder goes a long way on my face this is also enhanced by using the Real Techniques Powder Brush which I use to apply this powder as it has good coverage of my face, as the brush head is so large.
It does leave me with a little shine on my nose towards the end of the day if I don't re-apply, however I've began to accept that this is just my face as this happens what ever powder I wear and besides what better excuse to use that famous phrase 'I'm just going to powder my nose'.
This powder retails at £22.50 and is available from most big department stores.
Have you tried this powder? What were your thoughts?


(I'm sorry, my photography skills aren't the best (I will get better I promise) which means the flash on my camera has washed out the colour of the powder)
twitter   facebook   instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment