Monday 9 December 2013

Everyday Make-Up

I didn't grow up 'around make-up' my mum has never worn it, and says that as if she deserves a medal, and I don't have any older sisters that may have used me as a practice doll. Because of this I didn't start wearing make-up properly until about 15, which is year 10 in England and was also when we were allowed to start wearing make-up to school. All my friends would wear and I felt as though I was missing out, so I started off using the classic 'Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse' and that would be it, however since then my make-up collection has grown significantly and with it, so has the amount of make-up I wear on a daily basis (which I know isn't great for my skin).
Rimmel London Match Perfection in 103 'True Ivory'
This is now my got to foundation, it took me forever to find a foundation that I really got on with and worked well on my face and with my skin and I believe this is the one. The coverage is great, not much needs to be decanted/pumped out to cover your entire face meaning this 30ml bottle goes a long way. I also believe it's easily blended to perfectly match your skin tone and although I prefer to use my hands to apply it to my face, there is next to no difference when using a brush. This foundation retails at £6.99 and is available at Boots.
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in 'Light Plus' and Real Techniques Powder Brush
Only recently have I discovered my love for this powder, and since I've worn it near on everyday. I feel that it really sets my foundation and bends great with the natural colour of my skin, leaving me with no visible lines around/under my chin. It is quite pricey, however a little does go a long way and therefore I believe that it's well worth the money. I have also just done a full blog post on this powder here. This powder retails at £22.50 and is available from most big department stores and this brush retails at £12.99 and is available at Boots.
Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara in Black
I've been a massive fan of Maybelline The Falsies for a couple of years now, never straying for the product even to try another to see if I preferred it. However I received this from a friend for my birthday back in October and have fallen in love with it. It coats my lashes and elongates them amazingly, my eyes look a lot wider (this is a big deal to me, as my distant Chinese roots mean I've never been able to do the classic Puss in Boots wide-eyed face :-( ) It's even tempted me to re-purchase this tube when the need next arises instead of my beloved Maybelline tube. This mascara retails at £6.99 and is available at Boots.
Sleek Blush in Sweet Cheeks
Okay so this isn't part of my everyday make-up, however it is my go-to blush palette for parties and special occasions. None of the colours, once applied, are too 'in your face' and this is why I like it. I prefer to have a quite subtle blush look, as my face doesn't really suit a rosy cheek. The colours also blend really well to give a nice, natural looking cheek. This blush palette retails at £9.99 and is available at Superdrug.
What's your everyday make-up? Do any of these products feature on yours?

No comments :

Post a Comment