Thursday 13 February 2014

Mini Me


So my parents decided that tonight they would dig though all our old family photographs (my dad's made it is mission to create a 'full and detailed family tree' by August!) Looking at some of these pictures I can vividly remember what what happening before and after the photo was taken and it made me realise that I grew up far too quickly. I mean I'm 18 and come September I'll (hopefully) be living in the North East of England with a bunch of people I hardly know. (for those that are unaware I live in South East England, so that's a pretty big move) 

Looking at pictures from 1995-2000, although many of my facial features still remotely resemble those shown here, I can see that a lot has changed and I have actually grown up! The picture on the left was my first day of Pre-School, aged nearly 3 - 1998 and the picture on the right was my first Primary School picture, aged nearly 5 - 2000.
The prospect of moving away from my parents, sister and friends is so daunting and after having a heart-to-heart with my 2 of my closest friends yesterday, I've been an emotional wreck since.
I know it's not a permantent move and strong friendships won't be affected by distance but it is a lot for an 18 year old, leaving school, leaving the normal daily routine and entering 'the real world'

Have you ever looked back on your early days? 

No comments :

Post a Comment